Holiday tree recycling is a great way to help the environment and send less to the landfill. This year, residential yard waste customers can place trees on the curb during Leaf Season. Last day that trees can go out for collection is January 31, 2014.
Holiday Tree Recycling Guidelines:
- The tree should be clean of all lights, tinsel, decorations etc. and have no stand attached.
- Flocked trees will be accepted.
- The city will collect up to 5 trees. Loads in excess of 5 trees will only be accepted at: Elder Creek Recovery & Transfer Station, Kiefer Landfill, and the North Area Recovery Station.
- If you miss the citywide tree collection, you can put your tree in your yard waste container by cutting your tree into pieces that fit completely into the container with the lid closed. It will be collected on your next weekly collection day.
- If you live in an apartment building or condo you can dispose of your tree for free on specific dates at one of the centers listed at sacrecycle.org