Don’ forget, City of Sacramento residential customers can legally place yard waste piles in the street for collection during the City’s designated leaf season of November, December and January.
First Day Out: November 1, 2014
Last Day Out: January 31, 2015
Weekly residential yard waste container collection will continue year-round on a customer’s usual collection day. Leaf pile pickup typically occurs approximately every two weeks and will usually not occur on your regular collection day.
From October 28, 2014 to January 31, 2015, call 311 or visit this site to get an estimate of when the next pile collection will occur for your neighborhood.
Leaf Pile Guidelines
- Piles should be no more than two cubic yards in size (3’x3’x6′ pile).
- Place the pile six feet from any obstruction (cars, boats, basketball hoops etc.)
- Make sure there is space between the curb and pile to allow water to flow to storm drains. Do not place piles in bike lanes.
- Do not put pet waste in any yard waste pile or container. Pet waste goes into the garbage container.
- Piles should not be in plastic bags.
- Christmas Trees will be accepted in piles