Construction to improve pedestrian access to the front of the station begins Wednesday, Nov. 12 through Friday, Feb. 13.
Customers are encouraged to arrive at least 15 minutes early, as parking will be limited in the main lot, directly adjacent to the building. In addition, any customers using the station should plan to park at the Old Sacramento Parking garage, located southeast, at 2nd and I Streets. This is to avoid congestion in the main parking lot, as a construction staging area will be set up on the western side of the building.
The City is also encouraging passenger drop-offs during the holidays near 4th and I streets on the south side of I Street. This is the safest drop-off point for walking across the street and sparing drivers traffic congestion in the parking lot under construction.
By Fall of 2016, we will create a better flow for vehicles and pedestrians between the
station and Old Sacramento that will have:
- A direct, accessible pedestrian route to the station front (completed by Feb. 13, 2015)
- Six additional tour bus stalls
- Improved ADA access and vehicle flow
- New and improved lighting
- 13 EV parking spaces
- New and additional pay stations
- 160 bike stalls, including e-lockers, and rentable commuting bikes
- Improved way-finding signage
- New modern ticketing and baggage services
- New plaza and walkways
- 25,000 square feet of leasable space for retail and office uses
Check out the map for a larger view and visit Sacramento Valley Station construction updates for more information.