Downtown, Old Sacramento and Midtown shoppers can take advantage of free parking to encourage people to shop and dine downtown during the holiday season.
The City is offering modified parking hours on weekdays that are free after 4:30 p.m. and free all day on weekends starting the day after Thanksgiving through December 25, Downtown, Midtown and Old Sacramento.
New this year: The City’s new 4,000 smart meters will not accept any payments during the free holiday parking hours. The meter display will inform customers that parking is free!
The program will be in effect in these areas at these times:
On-street metered parking
- There will be two free metered holidays: The first one is on Thursday, Nov. 27, (Thanksgiving Day) and the second will be Thursday, Dec. 25 (Christmas Day).
- Weekends will be free all day from Saturday, Nov. 29 through Sunday, Dec. 21.
- Weekdays will be free after 4:30 p.m. (This will also include Friday, November 28). Prior to 4:30 p.m. weekday meter rates remain in effect.
Please note that the free parking zone will extend from “I” to “L” Streets and from Front Street to 29th street, and only applies to metered on-street parking spaces. See the map.
All other parking violations are still enforceable as posted, such as time limit restrictions, street sweeping and color zones.
East End Garage (17th Street between L Street and Capitol Avenue) – We offer year-round a flat rate of $2 after 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, and all day on Saturday and Sunday, except for “Second Saturdays,” when the flat rate will be $5.
The six metered on-street holidays that are displayed on every parking meter:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
Comments are closed.