Parkmobile is a new service in the City that offers the option of paying for parking using a mobile device such as a smart phone or tablet. The technology is currently available at selected single-space smart meters in Old Sacramento and will be added to meters around City Hall and Cesar Chavez Park starting January 13. (No more quarters and no need to get out a credit card at these meters, identifiable by a sticker, shown on this page.)
You can easily create an account through the Parkmobile app, or create an account here. All that is needed is your cell phone number, email address, license plate and credit card information. We recommend you sign up prior to your first use. Once you register, the app can help you locate the parking meter where you parked, as well as track your parking session and send you a reminder when the meter is about to expire. Time can be extended at a parking meter up to the allotted maximum time restriction on the block.
After you have registered, there are multiple ways to pay for parking with the Parkmobile app:
- Manually enter the zone and location information from your meter sticker or scan the QR code on the meter sticker
- Use the map to locate your parking zone (be sure to verify that the information matches what is on your meter sticker)
- Using your registered phone number, you can call 916 722-7275 to start a parking session.
- You can also start a parking session online at parkmobile.com, using the same login credentials you use with the app
- Once the transaction has been completed, you will receive a confirmation through the app, by a text message, or by email. The meter may not reflect the payment immediately, but you can be assured that your payment has been recorded and can be verified by parking enforcement.
After the second phase of installation (seen above) around City Hall and Cesar Chavez Park, the City will be installing the technology throughout downtown and midtown. Additionally, the City is making plans to incorporate Parkmobile into the payment options at the surface parking lots owned or operated by the City.
Further information regarding Parkmobile can be found at: http://us.parkmobile.com/ or a Frequently Asked Questions and Answers document is available at http://portal.cityofsacramento.org/Public-Works/Parking-Services/Parkmobile