In support of regional “2015 May is Bike Month,” Sacramento County, the Cities of Folsom and Rancho Cordova, and El Dorado County are closing portions of Scott Road, White Rock Road and Placerville Road to provide bicyclists and pedestrians with an opportunity to travel on stretches of road with no motor vehicle traffic. Make sure to view the map below!
- Sunday, May 3, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Access Locations, Parking & Detours: 1) Scott Road between the US-50/Scott Road Interchange and Latrobe Road; 2) Portions of Placerville Road; 3) White Rock Road from Luyung Drive (near Sunrise Boulevard) to the Sacramento County/El Dorado County line. These sections of roadway will be closed to all through vehicles. See map for access locations, parking areas and detours.
- Light-Rail: Bicyclists can take Light-Rail to the Folsom Blvd./Iron Point Rd. Station and cycle east on Iron Point Rd. to E. Bidwell St. south or go to the Placerville Rd. undercrossing to White Rock Rd.
- Food, Music & More: Bike fests, food trucks and music will be occurring at the White Rock Road/Luyung Drive and Placerville Road Street entrances. The Sacramento Valley Conservancy will provide a rest stop and water on their property on Scott Road, 1.8 miles north of Latrobe Road. A great spot to picnic or rest, and take in the great view.
- Some water will be available, but please bring your own supply.
- Optional Free Registration is available. Don’t forget to like the Facebook page.
- Contact Information: Dan Regan @ 916-874-7056 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jim Konopka @ 916-351-3516 or email@example.com