In support of 2015 May is Bike Month, the Sacramento County Department of Transportation is hosting a bike and walk event on the northern portion of Andrus Island in the Delta.
Andrus Island is near Walnut Grove and has scenic roadway views of the Sacramento River and Georgiana Slough. This event will provide bicyclists and pedestrians with an opportunity to travel on a stretch of road with limited motor vehicle traffic. Event details are listed below with a map below:
- Sunday, May 17, 2015, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Andrus Island: Andrus Island Road and Isleton Road on the northern portion of Andrus Island will be closed to through traffic for the event. The event loop around north Andrus Island is 9 miles.
- Andrus Island Residents: Andrus Island Road and Isleton Road residents, property owners and KoKet Resort visitors will have access to their properties at all times.
- Event Access: Bicyclists and pedestrians can enter from the Georgiana Slough Bridge off Walnut Grove Thornton Road on the northern end of Andrus Island, or from the south on Isleton Road near the Isleton Bridge.
- Directions: Motorists coming from I-5 can reach the event location from Twin Cities Road or Walnut Grove Thornton Road. Motorists can also use SR-160 for north or south event access.
- Parking: Parking will be available at the Jean Harvie Community Center, 14273 River Road, Walnut Grove, CA 95690. On the south end of the event, limited parking will be available on Isleton Road near the Isleton Bridge.
- Water: Please bring your own water.
- Food & Shopping: There are many unique and enjoyable food, beverage, shopping and recreational opportunities in the Delta area. Check these websites for additional information:
Sacramento River Delta Grown
Walnut Grove, Ryde and Locke
Isleton Chamber of Commerce
Old Sugar Mill