Neighborhood Services Division Hosts Annual Earth Day Celebration at Cesar Chavez Park.
The Neighborhood Services Division of the City of Sacramento’s Department of Parks and Recreation will host its annual Earth Day Celebration on Tuesday, April 19 at Cesar Chavez Park, 910 I Street across from Historic City Hall from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
As America shifts toward a “Green culture” millions of Americans are embracing the responsibility of preserving the environment, and Sacramento, along with the state of California, is at the forefront of this change. The City of Sacramento is proud to be part of this annual celebration.
Residents are encouraged to come out and join the City for a fun and interactive learning experience filled with carnival games, and great entertainment. More than 50 local vendors will be providing information and demonstrations on how attendees can become part of the “Green Team.” The Earth Day Celebration 2016 will include:
- Fuel efficient trucks, cars & buses
- Informational takeaways on sustainable living
- Recycling & Composting
- Environmental Sustainability & Preservation
- Sustainable Gardening
- Water Conservation Tips
The event is FREE for all ages and will have live entertainment featuring the following:
- Tai Chi Demonstration (9:30 a.m.)
- Red Shoe Box Performance at (10:45 a.m.)
- Public Safety Area with Sacramento Fire and Police Departments
- Home Depot Plant Potting for Kids
- Face Painting, Carnival Games & Balloon Artist
Please join the City in celebrating Earth Day, and together let’s learn how to be environmentally conscious 365 days per year.