Run to Feed the Hungry, an annual 10K Run & 5K Run/Walk to support Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services, will be impacting various residential and through streets in East Sacramento on Thanksgiving Day morning. Residents and motorists are advised to check out the various maps below and add extra time if they plan on driving in or out of the area.
The 10k run will begin at 8:15 a.m., and the 5k will begin at 9 a.m. on J Street just west of the entrance to the Sacramento State campus. The run ends at the Scottish Rite Temple Parking Lot at 56th and H Streets. There will be various road closures throughout multiple East Sacramento residential streets and rolling road closures to allow traffic in or out. Police officers and course monitors will be available at various intersections to safely guide traffic through.
Street Closures and Garbage Pick Up
The streets will completely close at 7 a.m. and will reopen at 11 a.m. If you live in the Run to Feed the Hungry route zone please put your garbage containers out by 5 a.m. for service on Thanksgiving morning, Thursday, November 24, 2016. As in past years, our operators must empty all the containers and exit the area before the roads close at 7 a.m.
Residents and area motorists can see the course map, the neighborhood exit information, or visit Run to Feed the Hungry for more information. Email Kellie Haynes for general inquiries.
Specific Streets Affected by the Race
- J Street between 58th and J Street Bridge (4:30 – 11:30 a.m.)
- J Street between 58th and Alhambra Blvd (8:10 – 10:30 a.m.)
- 45th Street between J Street and Folsom Blvd (9 – 10 a.m.)
- Folsom Blvd between 45th Street and 41st Street (9:05 – 10:15 a.m.)
- 41st Street between Folsom Blvd and J Street (9:05 – 10:30 a.m.)
- 41st Street between J Street and H Street (9:05 – 10:30 a.m.)
- H Street from 41st Street to Elvas Avenue (8:35 – 11:15 a.m.)
- H Street from 57th Street to Elvas Avenue (5 – 11:45 a.m.)
- Alhambra Blvd. between J Street and McKinley Blvd (8:20 – 10:00 a.m.)
- G Street between Alhambra Blvd and 24th Street (8:20 – 9:20 a.m.)
- 24th Street between G Street and F Street (8:25 – 9:25 a.m.)
- F Street between 24th and Alhambra Blvd (8:25 – 9:35 a.m.)
- McKinley Blvd between Alhambra Blvd and Elvas Avenue (8:25 – 10:00 a.m.)
- Elvas Ave (eastbound) between McKinley Blvd and Coloma Way (8:30 – 10:00 a.m.)
- Coloma Way between Elvas Avenue and Pico Way (8:30 – 10:15 a.m.)
- Pico Way from Coloma Way to F Street (8:30 – 10:15 a.m.)
- F Street from Pico Way to 47th Street (8:30 – 10:15 a.m.)
- 47th Street from F Street to H Street (8:35 – 10:15 a.m.)
- Carlson Drive between H Street and Sandburg Drive (7:15 – 11:45 a.m.)
- H Street between Camellia and Elvas Avenue (7:15 – 11:45 a.m.)
- H Street Bridge (7:15 – 11 a.m.)