Produced by Downtown Sacramento Foundation, the Calling All Dreamers retail business plan competition announced the 2017 pool of semi-finalists who will continue to compete for the business start-up package designed to launch their small business dreams into reality.
Get to know the businesses vying to become downtown’s next beloved retailer:
- Milk House Shakes is inspired by U.S. Presidents and combines a passion for ice cream and history.
- Churro Project intends on becoming the dessert destination, offering classic treats with a modern twist.
- Miscellaneous hopes to offer space, shelving, and furniture to business owners with products to sell without the overhead of owning a store.
- Pizza Supreme Being will feature a craft wood-fire pizzeria, counter service for takeout, and highlight locally sourced ingredients.
- The showRHoom is the one-stop shopping experience, featuring local fashion and accessory designers and providing a platform for designers.
- Sacramento Whiskey Co., Sacramento’s first distillery since prohibition, aims to establish a “must see” destinations for visitors of downtown Sacramento.
- The Kitchen Table will be a boutique featuring specially curated kitchen items and showcase local Sacramento products.
- The Modern Doll Museum will invite visitors to explore the history, art, and craftsmanship of doll creation.
- The Novel Tea, a combination artisan tea shop, tea room, and bookstore, will feature custom blended teas by a certified tea sommelier.
- Vity will help customers to “build their own” customized skin care products at an affordable price.
Learn more about each dreamer and their concepts at Calling All Dreamers.