Interested in the commercial cannabis industry? Mark Tuesday, Oct. 17 on your calendar.

Find out what’s required to obtain a state license to be part of the commercial cannabis industry as well as what the City of Sacramento requires. Attend a free joint state/city cannabis licensing workshop on Tuesday, Oct. 17, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.  at the Sacramento Convention Center, Exhibit Hall D, 1400 J St.

The Bureau of Cannabis Control (BCC) and the City of Sacramento are hosting the workshop.  The Bureau and the City will be joined by other state agencies which include the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) and the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA).  The workshop is free and no pre-registration is required.

The workshop will focus on licensing requirements, as well as resources available for people intending to apply for state commercial cannabis licenses.  The event will open with a brief overview and then transition to an open house where potential applicants can obtain information and ask questions from different state and local agencies.

The City of Sacramento will have a booth where potential applicants can get information on applying for a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) and a Business Operating Permit (BOP), the two permits required in order to start a cannabis business in the city.

The Sacramento workshop is the third of three state licensing workshops, which will start in Los Angeles on October 12 and in Riverside on October 13.

For more information on commercial cannabis state licenses, visit the Bureau’s website at  More information regarding the City’s permitting process, including CUP and BOP applications, is available at the City’s website at

%d bloggers like this: