Apply for the Active Transportation Commission and provide advice on strategies related to walking and bicycling in the city. Applications are open until Friday, February 16. Those seeking any seat, including appointments by a Council Member or the Mayor, must complete an application.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply if they:
- Live in Sacramento
- Have a demonstrated history of community involvement or interest in walking or bicycling issues
- Not a current employee of the City of Sacramento
There are currently 11 open seats:
- One member shall be recommended for appointment by each Councilmember (8 members total);
- One member shall be recommended for appointment by the Mayor; and
- Two members shall be at large and recommended for appointment by the personnel and public employees committee:
- One shall have (i) demonstrated interest in active transportation; and (ii) shall be qualified by training or professional experience and demonstrated leadership as a licensed civil or traffic engineer; or a professional transportation planner.
- One shall have (i) demonstrated interest in active transportation; and (ii) have experience with advocating around transportation issues.