Deadline is near, apply by April 8!
We have some great news for our high school students here in Sacramento. Mayor Darrell Steinberg’s Thousand Strong initiative has kicked off its second year and is accepting applications now through April 8.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Visit ThousandStrong.org
- Take 5 to 10 minutes to fill out the application
- Give yourself some kudos!
INVEST IN YOURSELF
For the 2018–2019 session of Thousand Strong, students will be required to attend 40 hours of essential skills training, will have access to jobs reserved specifically for Thousand Strong students, and will receive help and advice from a career coach throughout the year.
Most importantly, students will receive at least 300 hours of real work experience over the summer and school year. This is a huge resume builder and a way to get that first year of experience.
Students will have access to local and national employers and an alumni network of other Thousand Strong students and community organizations.
Thousand Strong is about access and opportunity. We don’t need an essay from you on why you’re amazing. We know you’re amazing. All we need is for you to fill out the application and we’ll take care of the rest.
- You may be eligible if you are a resident of the City of Sacramento or attend one of our partner high schools.
- You must be enrolled in a high school and be on track for graduation or have received a high school diploma or equivalent certificate when you apply.
- Be at least 16 years old by the end of May 31 and under the age of 24 when you apply.
APPLICATION INFORMATION – APPLY NOW
Our online application for 2018-2019 session of Thousand Strong is open. Application Deadline: April 8, 2018 We will be reviewing the applications and will respond to all applicants by April 22, 2018.
If you have any questions please email Thousand Strong staff at ThousandStrong@CityofSacramento.org