Beginning in late-May the City of Sacramento will be performing significant construction work along Folsom Boulevard between 65th Street and Hornet Drive.
The work will be performed as part of two separate construction projects – The Ramona Avenue Extension and the Folsom Boulevard Complete Streets Rehabilitation.
Each of these projects will be shifting traffic, closing lanes and intersections, and detouring motorists, cyclists and pedestrians as necessary to construct the proposed improvements. Motorists using Folsom Boulevard during construction should expect significant delays.
Students returning to Sacramento State campus for the Fall 2018 semester are strongly encouraged to use alternate access points to the university.
Ultimately the planned improvements will enhance safety for all modes of transportation — especially for those commuting to and from Sacramento State.
Ramona Avenue Extension Project
The Ramona Avenue Extension Project will improve pedestrian and vehicular connectivity to the north and south of Highway 50 with an extension of Ramona Avenue from Brighton Avenue to Folsom Boulevard. Project construction will include:
- A new signalized intersection at the Folsom Blvd/Ramona Avenue intersection
- New Ramona Avenue extension under US 50
- Widening of the roadway on Folsom Boulevard to provide sidewalks and bike lanes
- New curb and gutter
- New sidewalks and median
- Underground utility installation
- New at-grade railroad crossing
Construction of the Ramona Avenue Extension is anticipated March 2018 to December 2018. Project construction on Folsom Boulevard is anticipated from May 2018 to October 2018.
Folsom Boulevard Complete Streets Rehabilitation Project
The Folsom Boulevard Complete Streets Rehabilitation Project will improve pedestrian and bicycle mobility along Folsom Boulevard and improve connectivity to the Sacramento Regional Transit 65th Street Station. Project construction will include:
- Rehabilitation of the existing pavement
- Realignment of the Elvas Avenue Intersection
- Widening of Folsom Boulevard
- Sidewalk gap closure and continuous bike lanes on both sides of Folsom Boulevard,
- On-street parking where feasible,
- Installation of new drainage improvements
- Installation of new street lighting
Construction on Folsom Boulevard is anticipated May 2018 through October 2018.
Motorists can expect significant traffic control throughout construction which is expected from May 2018 to October 2018. This will include night/weekend work in the intersection of 65th Street and Folsom Boulevard and a week-long closure of the Folsom Blvd/Elvas Avenue intersection to complete realignment and reconstruction.
At times traffic will experience rougher than normal pavement between the grinding and final paving operations. Temporary striping will be in place throughout construction.
Comments are closed.