Beginning June 2018, in preparation for the temporary relocation of the Community Center Theater events to the Memorial Auditorium, the City is improving the building to enhance the functionality and patron experience.
Permanent and temporary improvements
- New audience seating at the Orchestra Level
- Refurbished audience seating at Dress Circle and the First Balcony Levels
- Improved lighting and rigging
- Acoustic enhancements
- Upgraded Audio Visual
- Orchestra shell
- Temporary restrooms
- Temporary loading dock area
The $16.2 million project will be completed in May of 2019 in time for graduations and the relocation of the Sacramento Community Center Theater events.
- Overall construction from late June 2018 – May 2019
- Facility Reopens: May 2019 – August 2020
- Restoration: August 2020 – November 2020
- Project Completion: November 2020
Road and sidewalk impacts
With the addition of the temporary loading dock, I Street will be impacted between 15th and 16th Street. The parking meters adjacent to the Memorial Auditorium, as well as the parking meters on the North side of I Street, will be unavailable. Motorists can expect a lane shift on I Street, between 16th and 17th Street.
The City is dedicated to minimizing impacts to the public and encourage patrons to plan ahead when visiting businesses in the area including:
- Reserving parking during special events in one of the City garages.
- Taking alternative modes of transportation such as biking, public transit, and ride hailing services.