It’s time to dust off the bikes, pump up those tires, and join fellow City residents this May during the Sacramento region’s annual May is Bike Month Campaign.
To kick off the first week of May is bike Month, here are a few things to do!
May is Bike Month “To-Do” List:
1) Join the challenge and ride your bike during the month of May. Track your progress online or use the CycleSac mobile app to log bicycle trips.
2) Sign up for one of the City’s Urban Bicycling and Scooting 101 Class. There is still time to register for the May 9 class! The Urban Bicycling 101 Class is a great introduction or a refresher for bicycling on-street for transportation in Sacramento.
3) Kick off May is Bike Month with the following events:
May 9: Take a ride to the West Lawn of the State Capitol from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for Capital Bike Fest. Make sure to drop by the City’s booth and say hello to the transportation team.
May 11: Join Councilmember Eric Guerra for Cycle MAYnia at Tallac Village Shopping Center on May 11 from 11a.m. to 2 p.m.
4) Brush up on some Bike Tips. Thinking of biking into work for May is Bike Month? It can be fun. Be sure to do an ABC Quick Check or if it’s been more than a few weeks since you rode, take it into a bike shop for a tune up.
5) Like the Sacramento Region’s May is Bike Month Facebook page to get daily info on upcoming events, local biking info and tips on businesses that are offering a discount to cyclists.
Have Fun. Ride Safe. Happy Pedaling!