More than 10,000 runners are expected to participate in the 37th California International Marathon on Sunday, Dec. 8.
The annual race, whose course has remained unchanged since its inception, will temporarily close several streets in downtown, midtown and eastern Sacramento starting Friday. Sunday’s big race ends at the California State Capitol.
Streets affected by the marathon reopen Sunday afternoon (see details below).
Friday, Dec. 6
- Capitol Mall from 8th to 9th streets closes at 8 a.m.
- 9th Street from N to L streets closes at 2 p.m.
- Capitol Mall from 7th to 8th streets closes at 2 p.m.
- The traffic circle on Capitol Mall from 9th to 10th streets closes at 4 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 7
- 10th Streets from N to L streets closes at 6 a.m.
- 8th Street from N to L streets closes at 6 a.m.
- L Street from 9th to 11th streets closes at 6 a.m.
- L Street from 9th to 11th streets re-opens at noon
- The CIM 5K course closes from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and will re-open once runners are clear
Sunday, Dec. 8