The Sacramento Police Department is reminding people to stay safe this New Year’s Eve and keep a few things in mind if attending the Sky Spectacular event at the Old Sacramento Waterfront. The free event, which runs from 6 to 10 p.m., includes a fireworks show at 9 p.m. and is open to everyone. There will not be a firework show at midnight.
“With many reasons for celebration, please plan ahead and make smart choices to close out 2019 and the decade,” said Police department public information officer Karl Chan.
The event features live music, dinner specials, food and drink vendors and a variety street entertainment, as well as activities for children.
Consider a few details as you plan ahead:
- There will be no parking in Old Sacramento starting at 2 p.m.
- Old Sacramento closes to vehicle traffic starting at 5:30 p.m.
- Tower Bridge will be closed to all pedestrian and vehicular traffic from 8:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Vehicle traffic will be highly congested on 3rd Street, 8th Street, I Street, J Street, and Capitol Mall. Avoid these streets if possible.
- Additional parking is available on 10th Street, between I and J streets. Old Sacramento parking will fill up quickly.
- Uber, Lyft and taxi drop-off and pick-up is available on 4th Street between L Street and Capitol Mall.