Every year, the Sacramento region celebrates biking in the month of May, through the “May is Bike Month” challenge.
“Biking has so many benefits – not only is it a great way to get some activity in your day, it’s a great affordable and air quality friendly way to travel,” said Transportation Planning Manager Jennifer Donlon Wyant.
There are many ways to celebrate May is Bike Month this year. Here are nine ideas:
- Sign up for the region’s May is Bike Month challenge.
- Take a look at the City’s map of bikeways and learn where it’s more comfortable for you to ride.
- Sign up for the City’s free Urban Biking and Scooting Class on May 13.
- Virtually attend the City’s Active Transportation Commission on May 20 at 6 p.m.
- South Sacramento residents can attend one of the Cabrillo Park events in May hosted by School Board Trustee Chinua Rhodes and Councilmember Mai Vang.
- North Natomas residents can participate in Jibe’s May is Bike Month activities.
- Residents who live near the Grid can participate in SABA’s Ride it Yourself Mural Tour.
- Going to dine Al Fresco at one of our many outdoor restaurants? Try riding your bike instead of driving! Be sure to park at a bike rack and lock your bike. Don’t know where our bike racks are? The City mapped them for you.
- Learn how to lock your bike to ensure it’s there when you get back.
Enjoy the ride!