More than 10,000 runners are expected to participate in the 38th California International Marathon on Sunday, Dec. 5.
The annual race will temporarily close several streets in downtown, midtown and eastern Sacramento starting Friday, Dec. 3. The 26.2 mile race ends at the California State Capitol.
Streets affected by the marathon reopen Sunday afternoon (see details below).
Friday, Dec. 3
- Capitol Mall from 8th to 9th streets closes at 8 a.m.
- 10th Street from N to L streets closes at 8 a.m.
- 9th Street from N to L streets closes at 2 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 4
- 8th Street from N to L streets closes at noon
- 10th Street from N to L streets closes at 6 a.m.
Sunday, Dec. 5
- L Street from 8th to 15th streets closes at 7 a.m.
- Folsom-Auburn Road to the north of the start area at the intersection of Eureka Road closes at 3 a.m. and reopens at 9:30 a.m.
- The marathon course closes streets from 7 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. and will re-open once runners are clear.
- All closures in the finish area will re-open at 5 p.m.