Interested in seeing what new developments could be planned for your neighborhood?
The City has now made it easier than ever to see what development projects, including home and business construction, are in review or have been approved across the city of Sacramento.
The City’s new online tool, AgencyCounter, allows residents and developers to easily view planning applications and proposed development projects in the city.
“The Community Development Department is always looking for ways to assist the community to be more informed through accessible, easy-to-use online tools,” said Greg Sandlund, City’s planning director. “This is an exciting step in that direction.”
A planning application submitted to the City is used to gain approval for building new homes, shopping centers, additions to properties, etc. Applications for development, depending on the project, are reviewed by planning staff, the Planning Commission or City Council and once approved the applicant is given the go-ahead to apply for building permits to begin their construction.
Use the AgencyCounter to:
- Explore the map feature to view the planning activity and history for a specific property or area of the city.
- Sign up for an auto notification via email when a planning application is submitted within your chosen area of interest.
- Download the project application, project exhibits and other supplemental materials.
- Contact the assigned planner for more information or to submit comments on a project.
- View the AgencyCounter Scorecard to see projects under consideration by Council District and recently approved projects.
The former program, Development Tracker, is still in use primarily for building permit searches, however, building permits will soon be accessible through AgencyCounter as well.