The City’s Youth, Parks and Community Enrichment Department, with support from Vice Mayor Angelique Ashby and Sacramento Republic FC, this week opened two new futsal courts in Natomas’ Tanzanite Park.
“I’m thrilled to add futsal courts to the amenities available in our area,” Ashby said in advance of Monday’s ribbon cutting for the courts. “Thank you to the young people who advocated for this project and to the Sac Republic for continuing to be a great partner in this city.”
“Completion of the Tanzanite futsal courts helps to meet a growing demand for this amenity and adds an additional safe space for young people to engage in positive sport activity,” said YPCE Director Mario Lara.
There are currently 10 futsal courts across Sacramento, with more planned in the coming years:
- Barandas Park—District 4
- Maple School Park—District 5, operated by La Familia (non-City facility)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Park—District 8
- Northgate Park—District 3
- O’Neil Park—District 4, operated by Street Soccer USA
- Oak Park Community Center—District 5
- Robertson Park/Del Paso Heights Sports Complex—District 2, operated by Mutual Assistance Network
- South Natomas Community Park—District 3, multi-use court with futsal outline
- Strawberry Manor Park—District 2
- Tanzanite Park—District 1
- River District Park—District 3, in planning and construction phase
- Blackbird Park—District 1, in planning phase