Nearly 30 local community-based organizations (CBOs) are hosting Friday-and-Saturday-night drop-in events for youth in priority Sacramento neighborhoods now through December.
The organizations were selected through the #SacTownYouthNights request for proposal (RFP) process released by the City of Sacramento’s Office of Youth Development in July.
Through this RFP process, the City is providing $1.3 million in funding for 27 youth-serving CBOs to plan and host twice-monthly drop-in events that are youth led, adult supported and designed for youth ages 12-24.
“This program offers young people across the city a hot meal, youth designed activities and a safe space to connect with their peers and trusted adult mentors during their free time,” said Lindee Lane, manager of the City’s Office of Youth Development.
The Office of Youth Development is responsible for refining, developing and promoting the City’s overall strategic vision to achieve citywide youth development goals in accord with the Youth Plan.
The #SacTownYouthNights events follow increased summer programming that served more than 700 high-school-aged young people through #SacYouthWorks, one of the City’s signature youth work-based learning programs.
Each #SacTownYouthNights event is designed to serve 30-50 youth. As there is limited space, those interested in attending an event are asked to register using the QR code, registration link or contact information provided in the calendar of events.
The calendar will be continually updated as partners finalize event plans, typically two weeks in advance, Lane said.
The CBO partners are serving priority neighborhoods identified by the City’s Office of Violence Prevention including Del Paso Heights, Oak Park, Meadowview and Valley Hi. Here is the list of participating CBOs:
Del Paso Heights/North Sacramento
- Academic Boost LLC
- Academics 4 Athletes
- Crocker Art Museum Association
- Hmong Youth and Parents United
- Light & Water
- Roberts Family Development Center
- C.H.A.M.P.S. 4 Life
- Common Ground Community Development Corp
- Daughters of Zion Enterpryz
- Escape Velocity Resources Foundation, Inc.
- I Sound Music Performing Arts Community Development Inc.
- La Familia Counseling Center, Inc.
- ReIMAGINE Mack Road Foundation
- Rose Family Creative Empowerment Center
- Sojourner Truth African Heritage Museum
- The OK U Go Foundation
- Captivating Ladies Acquiring Successful Standards Yearly (CLASSY Inc.)
- Feed Sacramento Homeless
- Freedom Through Education
- Impact Sac
- Operation Innovate (dba Code for Hood)
- Voice of the Youth
Other Priority Neighborhoods
- Ball Out Academy, Inc.: Marina Vista/Alder Grove
- Improve Your Tomorrow: Natomas
- Sacramento LGBT Community Center: Downtown
- Square Root Academy: Multiple neighborhoods
- Stanford Settlement: Gardenland/Northgate