New Year’s Eve is time a to gather with friends and family to say goodbye to 2022 and countdown to 2023.
As Sacramentans attend parties and celebrations, the City’s newly appointed Nighttime Economy Manager Tina Lee-Vogt has a few tips to help everyone have fun and a safe night.
“New Year’s Eve is a big night for Sacramento and knowing these safety tips can help everyone have a more pleasant experience,” said Lee-Vogt. “Have a ride, know your limits, take safety precautions, know the rules about your venue and most importantly, have fun!”
Here are a few tips on what to do to have a safe and fun New Year’s Eve.
- Know your transportation plans:
- Always share your location so someone knows where you’re going
- Have a travel plan to get home safely
- Check license plates before you enter your for-hire vehicle
- Know your limits:
- Drink alcohol responsibly and stay hydrated
- Never leave your drink unattended or accept drinks from strangers
- Know personal safety precautions:
- Always be aware of your surroundings and know exits in case of emergencies
- Don’t leave with a stranger without telling someone you know
- Be a good bystander and intervene if you see harassment
- Know your venue requirements:
- Be aware of venue rules and codes
- Be prepared to have your identification verified or scanned
The Sacramento Police Department will have increased units working in the downtown core of the city on New Years Eve, helping provide a safe environment for people to celebrate the new year.
The Nighttime Economy Manager serves as a coordinator, collaborator, mediator, policy maker and primary contact for the nighttime economy. Lee-Vogt works collaboratively with the city’s nightlife team to ensure a safe and vibrant nightlife for Sacramento.