Young people looking to gain work experience are invited to attend the City’s annual Youth Resource & Employment Fair on Saturday, March 25, from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Located at City Hall (915 I St.), the event is open to all young people ages 13 to 24.
This year’s fair, hosted by the Youth, Parks, & Community Enrichment (YPCE) Department, will be held in-person for the first time since 2019.
The event features a wide range of resources and employment opportunities including stipend-based programming and seasonal employment as well as information and support from trades industries, higher education, financial institutions and more.
“We’re incredibly proud to bring this event back in-person to connect with Sacramento youth and provide an opportunity to network and gather resource materials,” said Kris Wimberly, the City’s recreation superintendent for youth workforce development. “The personal and professional skills youth develop through our programs and other offerings can translate to all aspects of their lives.”
Attendees will participate in breakout sessions with topics focused on creating a City employment account, keys to employment success and careers in information technology. Computers will be available to youth to create their online application account, which is required for all City employment opportunities.
Opportunities with the City include stipend-based programs, internships, and seasonal and career employment.
More than 40 vendors will be available to answer questions and provide information on potential employment opportunities.
The first 200 attendees will receive a swag bags and food truck voucher for the event. Additional raffle giveaways available to attendees throughout the day.
Those interested in attending can register online ahead of time and on the day of the event.
Here are some of the employment opportunities that will be highlighted:
- 4th “R” & START Recreation Aide—ages 18+
- Summer Oasis Recreation Aide – ages 16+
- Adaptive Recreation Leader—ages 18+
- Triple-R Recreation Aide ages 18+
- Summer Camp Recreation Aide—ages 16+
- Building Monitor—ages 16+
- Recreation Aide—ages 16+
- Youth Aide—ages 14-17
- Crew Leader—ages 21+
- Cashier—ages 16+
- Lifeguard—ages 15+
- Senior Lifeguard—ages 16+
- Pool Manager—ages 18+
- Assistant Pool Manager—ages 18+
- Aquatics Specialist—ages 18+
- Camp Aide—ages 16+
- Camp Recreation Leader—ages 18+
- Camp Host—ages 18+
- Camp Assistant Cook—ages 18+
- Camp Assistant Caretaker—ages 18+
- Camp Caretaker – ages 18+
- Summer @ City Hall—current high school freshman, sophomores and juniors
- Prime Time Teen—ages 13-17
Boards and Commissions
- Sacramento Youth Commission—ages 14-22 at the time of appointment