The City of Sacramento is celebrating the annual “May is Bike Month” with activities and opportunities for all types of peddlers.
This year, community members are invited to join City staff on a public ride to learn about transportation planning, experience recently constructed projects and hear about new bikeways coming to the Grid.
The ride is on Wednesday, May 10, from 5-8 p.m. Those interested in joining can sign up here to learn more.
“The City is continuing efforts to make our streets more inviting for biking and scooting,” said Jennifer Donlon Wyant, City transportation planning manager. “This ride is the perfect opportunity to see recent improvements, talk with City staff, and learn more about the transportation planning process.”
There are many ways to celebrate sustainable and active transportation all month long. Here are some ideas:
- Register for the May is Bike Month challenge. Log your rides for the chance to win prizes and explore other events happening throughout the Sacramento region.
- Attend the City’s Active Transportation Commission at 6 p.m. May 18.
- Sign up for the City’s free Urban Biking and Scooting Class on May 10.
- Check out the City’s bike parking map to see bike parking sites citywide.
- Join the email list for the upcoming Streets for People Active Transportation Plan. This citywide planning effort will focus on improving conditions for people walking, biking, and rolling throughout Sacramento.