The City’s Department of Youth, Parks, & Community Enrichment is ready to kick off summer at Sacramento public pools, with 16 facilities opening over the next few weeks.
North Natomas Aquatics Complex is currently open for recreational swimming, and Clunie Pool opens Saturday, May 27. Additional neighborhood pools and play/wading pools will open in June.
“Summer is an exciting time, and we are pleased to offer something for everyone at our pools this summer from swim lessons to lap and recreational swim,” said Anthony Munoz, recreation manager for the Community Enrichment division. “We are committed to providing access to affordable recreation and water safety programs to families across the region.”
YPCE this year will continue many aquatics programs offering swim lessons, swim team, aquacise, recreational swimming and lap swimming at 12 lifeguarded pools. Four free play/wading pools will be open for children under 7.
The City will host a “Summer Kickoff Weekend” June 17 and 18 with $1 admission at neighborhood pools. Visitors can receive this discount by liking the YPCE Facebook account or following YPCE on Instagram.
For the remainder of the summer, neighborhood pools will cost $2 per child and $4 per adult and will be open with varying hours and days through mid-August. North Natomas Aquatics Complex costs $5 for youth and $7 for adults and will be open 7 days per week through September 5.
Spray parks also operate from Memorial Day to Labor Day weekends. Strawberry Manor Park and Golden Poppy Park spray parks are currently closed for maintenance.
Additionally, the City and Sacramento Public Library are offering a Summer Reading program, where youth can receive free swim passes and swim lessons by reading books through their local library.
Swim Safe Scholarships are available to provide free aquatics programs to youth and families demonstrating financial need.
To learn more about individual pool hours, swim lessons, swim team, water aerobics, recreation swim and lap swim, visit cityofsacramento.org/Aquatics.
Pool list and opening dates:
Regional Aquatics Complex
- North Natomas Aquatics Complex (2601 New Market Drive)—currently open
- Cabrillo Pool (1648 65th Ave.)—June 17
- Clunie Pool (601 Alhambra Blvd.)—May 27
- Doyle Pool (2827 Mendel Way)—June 9
- Glenn Hall Pool (5201 Carlson Drive)—June 17
- George Sim Pool (6207 Logan Way)—June 17
- Johnston Pool (231 Eleanor Ave.)—June 11
- Mangan Pool (2230 34th Ave.)—June 18
- McClatchy Pool (3500 5th Ave.)—June 18
- Oki Pool (2715 Wissemann Drive)—June 18
- Pannell Meadowview Pool (2450 Meadowview Road)—June 17
- Tahoe Pool (3501 59th St.)—June 17
- Bertha Henschel Play Pool (160 45th St.)—June 17
- Colonial Play Pool (5315 19th Ave.)—June 17
- Robertson Play Pool (3525 Norwood Ave.)—June 11
- William Land Play Pool (1300 13th Ave.)—June 18