The City’s Department of Public Works is currently hiring for multiple part-time and full-time positions. Staff will attend multiple career fairs in the coming weeks to answer questions and provide information on how to apply.
These events are all open to the public.
- Sacramento City Unified School District College and Career Fair – Saturday, Sept. 23
- You Betta Work LGBTQ+ Career Fair – Thursday, Oct. 5
- Greater Sacramento Urban League Diversity Career Fair – Monday, Oct. 9
- American River College Career Fair – Wednesday, Oct. 11
“These career fairs offer job seekers the chance to speak directly with staff and ask questions about the critical services Public Works performs across Sacramento,” said Support Services Manager Cicely Garnett.
The department is hiring for multiple divisions, and there are currently 19 open job listings online. Application deadlines for various positions vary with many being recruited continually. Current open positions include:
- Equipment Mechanic I, II & III
- Equipment Service Worker
- Integrated Waste Equipment Operator
- Marina Aide
- Parking Enforcement Officer
- Parking Lot Attendant
- Sustainability Program Specialist
- Tree Pruner II
Those interested in applying can view the applications and exams online here.
The department is the second largest in the City with more than 760 employees, separated into seven divisions: Engineering Services, Facilities & Real Property Management, Fleet Management, Maintenance Services, Parking Services, Recycling & Solid Waste and Transportation.