Holiday season can be a time of family, food, gifts and fun, which can also mean increased spending. Even if you don’t celebrate a holiday, you may find yourself spending differently given the large number of sales.
Sacramentans are invited to learn how to plan for these extra expenses during City’s Financial Empowerment Center (FEC) webinar from 1 to 2 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 19.
“Our FEC coaches help people build long-term financial health, which can sometimes get derailed by costs that come up only once or twice a year rather than monthly,” said Amy Williamson, the City’s financial empowerment manager. “This webinar will focus on how to build end-of-year costs into the financial planning process, providing useful tips that can help with all kinds of expected and surprise annual budget items.”
The FEC Coaches will talk about:
- different types of spending personalities and advice for making sure spending doesn’t go over budget
- the etiquette of gift giving during this time of year
- how to have conversations with friends and family about how you will give gifts so it doesn’t cause financial stress
- tips for keeping holiday travel costs on budget
- how to manage the impacts to your credit and debt
Register to attend this free online webinar here.
The FEC supports Sacramento residents in building long-term financial health through reducing debt, building savings, improving credit, and/or connecting with safe, affordable checking/saving accounts.
Personalized, one-on-one professional coaching services are available in English, Spanish, Dari/Farsi, and Urdu and are free to all Sacramento residents 18 and older.
The FEC coaching team is employed by the Sacramento office of International Rescue Committee in partnership with the City.