Businesses to remain open, offering gift cards to select few patrons, and free bike valet brought to you by SABA
Patrons encouraged to visit R street businesses during planned road closures during the holiday weekend.
- R Street from 13th to15th Street (except for access to the garage structure on the north side of R Street)
- 14th Street from Quill Alley to Rice Alley
- 15th street from Q Street to Rice Alley
- Q Street from 14th and 15th Street (closed Saturday, January 13, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
Motorists are encouraged to watch signs for detours. Detour route on S Street.
9 p.m. Friday, January 12 to 4:00 a.m. Tuesday, January 16.
- Public Parking Garage at R Street Parking Plaza, 1533 R Street
- Two Parking Lots between R Street and Rice Alley (access to parking lots through Rice Alley)
- 1850 14th Street
- 1808 14th street
In an effort to encourage patrons to visit R Street, businesses will offer the following:
- Bike valet by the Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates
- Gift Cards — All restaurants along the R Street Corridor will be giving out gift cards to select customers. Gift cards are sponsored by all of the five restaurants along the corridor. For hours of operations and more information on the restaurants, visit http://rstreetcorridor.com/.
The work is part of the last phase of streetscape improvements on R Street. The project will enhance the streets and sidewalks along the R Street corridor between 13th to 16th Street, and unify the two previous streetscape projects between 10th and 13th and 16th and 18th Streets.
Construction began early in October and is scheduled to be completed in early summer 2018. Work will be done in phases to allow businesses to remain open during construction. The overall enhancements will include wider sidewalks, improved pedestrian crossings, tree canopies, street lighting, and upgraded storm drainage system. The project is an integral part in the continued revitalization of the R Street Corridor.