Run to Feed the Hungry, an annual 10K run & 5K run/walk to support Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services, will be closing various streets in and around East Sacramento on Thanksgiving Day morning (Nov. 25).
Residents and motorists are advised to check the map below and add extra time if they plan on driving in or out of the area during the morning hours on Thursday.
Here is the list of road closures:
- J Street between Carlson Drive and 45th Street
- 45th St between J Street and Folsom Boulevard
- Folsom Boulevard between 45th and 41st streets
- 41st Street between Folsom Boulevard and H Street
- H Street between 41st St and 56th streets
- J Street between Carlson Drive and Alhambra Boulevard
- Alhambra Boulevard between J and G streets
- G Street between Alhambra Boulevard and 24th Street
- 24th Street between F and G streets
- F Street between 24th Street and Alhambra Boulevard
- Alhambra Boulevard between F and E streets
- McKinley Boulevard between Alhambra Boulevard and Elvas Avenue
- Elvas Avenue between McKinley Boulevard & 48th Street
- Coloma Way between Elvas Avenue and Pico Way
- Pico Way between Coloma Way and F Street
- F Street between Pico Way and 47th Street
- 47th Street between F and H streets
- H Street between 47th and 56th streets
The roads will remained closed to traffic until until approximately noon.
To facilitate social distancing, this year’s event will implement “rolling” race starts, which means the start line will stay open for an extended period to limit crowding in the start area. Click here for additional information about start times.