The City’s Department of Public Works this week hosted a job fair at Sac State, promoting several open full-time and part-time positions.
Dozens of attendees stopped by the University Union Building to talk with Department staff from all seven divisions and learn more about the critical services Public Works provides. The fair was open to both Sac State students and the general public.
“We were excited to share the available job opportunities with the public,” said Cicely Garnett, support services manager for the Department. “Having our subject matter experts present to answer specific job-related questions was very beneficial.”
Laptops were available for attendees to create accounts on the GovernmentJobs.com website and to sign-up for alerts from the City’s Department of Human Resources to receive new job announcements that match their criteria and interests.
Public Works staff will also attend an additional career fair hosted by Sacramento City Unified School District on Saturday, Sept. 24. The fair will be held Hiram Johnson High School (6879 14th Ave.) from 9 a.m. to noon.
The department currently is hiring for multiple positions, and there currently are14 open job listings online. Application deadlines for various positions vary with many being recruited for continually. Current open positions include:
- Administrative Analyst (Three positions)
- Assistant Architect
- Equipment Mechanic I & II (Four positions)
- Equipment Service Worker (Several positions; continuous recruitment)
- Fleet Service Coordinator
- HVAC Systems Mechanic
- Integrated Waste Equipment Operator (Several positions; continuous recruitment)
- Marina Aide (Continuous recruitment)
- Parking Enforcement Officer (Several positions; continuous recruitment)
- Parking Lot Attendant (Several positions; continuous recruitment)
- Senior Landfill Technician
- Tree Pruner II (Continuous recruitment)
Those interested in applying can view the applications and exams online here.
The Department is the second largest in the City with more than 760 employees. The divisions include: Parking Services, Facilities & Real Property Management, Fleet, Engineering Services, Maintenance Services, Recycling & Solid Waste and Transportation.