Run to Feed the Hungry, an annual 10K run & 5K run/walk to support Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services, will be closing various streets in and around East Sacramento on Thanksgiving Day morning (Nov. 24).
Residents and motorists are advised to check the map below and add extra time if they plan on driving in or out of the area during the morning hours on Thursday.
Here is the list of road closures:
- J Street between Carlson Drive and 45th Street
- 45th Street between J Street and Folsom Boulevard
- Folsom Boulevard between 45th and 41st streets
- 41st Street between Folsom Boulevard and H Street
- H Street between Alhambra Boulevard and 55th Street
- Alhambra Boulevard between H Street and McKinley Boulevard
- McKinley Boulevard between Alhambra Boulevard and Elvas Avenue
- Elvas Avenue between McKinley Boulevard & 51st Street
- 51st Street between Elvas Avenue and D Street
- D Street between 51st Street and Coloma Way
- Coloma Way between D Street and Pico Way
- Pico Way between Coloma Way and F Street
- F Street between Pico Way and 47th Street
- 47th Street between F and H streets
The 10K run will begin at 8:15 a.m., and the 5K will begin at 9 a.m. on J Street just west of the entrance to the Sacramento State campus. The run ends at the Scottish Rite Temple Parking Lot at 56th and H streets. Roads will remained closed to traffic until approximately noon.
Those living in the East Sacramento neighborhood can locate their specific area on the race’s neighborhood plan map for the times participants are expected to be in the area.