More than 300 young people came to Sacramento City Hall on March 25 to explore a wide range of resources and employment opportunities.
The City’s annual Youth Resource & Employment Fair, hosted by the Youth, Parks, & Community Enrichment (YPCE) Department, was back in-person for the first time since 2019.
“It’s a great experience to invite young people into City Hall to hear about all the wonderful opportunities available for them to be involved in as early as at 13 years old,” said Kris Wimberly, the City’s recreation superintendent for youth workforce development.
The event also featured more than 30 local organizations including the Sacramento Public Library, Dress for Success, California Mobility Center, SMUD and WellSpace Health in attendance sharing information.
Staff hosted breakout sessions offering professional headshots and access to laptops for attendees to create accounts on the GovernmentJobs.com website.
Prizes were raffled off throughout the day and the first 200 attendees received swag bags and a food truck voucher.
Those who weren’t able to attend can sign-up for alerts from the City’s Department of Human Resources to receive new job announcements that match their criteria and interests here.
Application deadlines for various positions vary with some being recruited for continually. Here’s a list of some of the many opportunities highlighted at the event:
- 4th “R” & START Recreation Aide—ages 18+
- Summer Oasis Recreation Aide – ages 16+
- Adaptive Recreation Leader—ages 18+
- Triple-R Recreation Aide ages 18+
- Summer Camp Recreation Aide—ages 16+
- Building Monitor—ages 16+
- Recreation Aide—ages 16+
- Youth Aide—ages 14-17
- Crew Leader—ages 21+
- Cashier—ages 16+
- Lifeguard—ages 15+
- Senior Lifeguard—ages 16+
- Pool Manager—ages 18+
- Assistant Pool Manager—ages 18+
- Aquatics Specialist—ages 18+
- Camp Aide—ages 16+
- Camp Recreation Leader—ages 18+
- Camp Host—ages 18+
- Camp Assistant Cook—ages 18+
- Camp Assistant Caretaker—ages 18+
- Camp Caretaker – ages 18+
Boards and Commissions
- Sacramento Youth Commission—ages 14-22 at the time of appointment