The City of Sacramento invites youth, ages 16 to 24, for its annual Youth Job and Resource Fair on March 16 at City Hall.
The event focuses on placing Sacramento youth in internships and employment opportunities in the public and private sectors in the city.
“This is an incredible opportunity for youth to network and gather resource materials that support their current and future endeavors including employment, college, and career goals,” said Kim Mohler, Youth Division Manager. “The goal of the 2019 Youth Job and Resource Fair is to help prepare today’s youth for tomorrow’s workforce.”
Job and resource vendors will be on-hand to connect youth to valuable resources.
Attendees are asked to be prepared with a resume and questions to ask potential vendors and employers.
“We do not have to wait to be the leaders of the future. We can be leaders of today,” said Nayzak Wali-Ali, Chairperson Sacramento Youth Commission.
The first 300 attendees that register before March 13 at 5 p.m. will receive a free tote bag to assist with gathering materials, and a free voucher redeemable at any of the event food trucks. Youth can register on eventbrite.
In preparation for the job fair, the City will also host a Job Readiness Workshops at various locations leading up to the Youth Resource Fair. Workshop topics include: How to Complete a Job Application, Resume Do’s & Don’ts, Interview tips, and Professional attire and etiquette
- Monday, March 4 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at George Sim Community Center, 6207 Logan St.
- Tuesday, March 5 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at Joe Mims Jr. Hagginwood Community Center, 3271 Marysville Blvd.
- Thursday, March 7 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at Sam and Bonnie Pannell Community Center, 2450 Meadowview Rd.
- Tuesday, March 12 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at South Natomas Community Center, 2921 Truxel Rd
- Wednesday, March 13 from 5 to 6:30 p.m.at Oak Park Community Center, 3425 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
More than 35 organizations will be present to provide information regarding employment, volunteer and training opportunities in various industries such as public and private agencies, trades, fast food, educational institutes and many more.