The City’s Department of Youth, Parks, & Community Enrichment has officially kicked off summer at Sacramento public pools, with 17 facilities opening over the next few weeks.
North Natomas Aquatics Complex is currently open for recreational swimming, and Clunie Pool opens Memorial Day, May 30. All other neighborhood pools and play/wading pools will open in June.
“We are excited to open pools in several neighborhoods across Sacramento, in addition to the brand new North Natomas Aquatics Complex, serving families across the region,” said Jackie Beecham, recreation manager for YPCE’s Community Enrichment division. “Our goal is to provide access to affordable recreation and water safety programs to all of Sacramento.”
YPCE this year will offer swim lessons, swim team, aquacise, recreation swimming and lap swimming at neighborhood pools and the new North Natomas Aquatics Complex. Four free lifeguarded play/wading pools will also open for children under 7.
The City will host a “Summer Kickoff Weekend” June 17-19 with $1 admission at neighborhood pools.
For the remainder of the summer, neighborhood pools will cost $2 per child and $4 per adult and will be open with varying hours and days through mid-August. North Natomas Aquatics Complex costs $5 per child and $7 per adult and will be open 7 days per week through September 5.
Pool list and opening dates:
- Cabrillo Pool (1648 65th Ave.)—June 18
- Clunie Pool (601 Alhambra Blvd.)—May 30
- Doyle Pool (2827 Mendel Way)—June 7
- Glenn Hall Pool (5201 Carlson Drive)—June 18
- George Sim Pool (6207 Logan Way)—June 18
- Johnston Pool (231 Eleanor Ave.)—TBD
- Mangan Pool (2230 34th Ave.)—June 17
- McClatchy Pool (3500 5th Ave.)—June 17
- North Natomas Aquatics Complex (2601 New Market Drive)—currently open
- Oki Pool (2715 Wissemann Drive)—June 18
- Pannell Meadowview Pool (2450 Meadowview Road)—June 17
- Southside Pool (2107 6th St.)—June 18
- Tahoe Pool (3501 59th St.)—June 17
- Bertha Henschel Play Pool (160 45th St.)—June 18
- Colonial Play Pool (5315 19th Ave.)—June 18
- Robertson Play Pool (3525 Norwood Ave.)—June 6
- William Land Play Pool (1300 13th Ave.)—TBD
Spray parks also operate from Memorial Day to Labor Day weekends.
Additionally, the City and Sacramento Public Library are offering a Summer Reading program, where youth can receive free swim passes and swim lessons by reading books through their local library.
Swim Safe Scholarships are available to provide free aquatics programs to youth and families demonstrating financial need.
To learn more about individual pool hours, swim lessons, swim team, water aerobics, recreation swim and lap swim, visit cityofsacramento.org /Aquatics.