Sweltering temperatures are coming to Sacramento in the coming days, and residents looking for a place to cool off are encouraged to visit City spray parks, pools and community centers.
City of Sacramento spray parks are open daily from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. through Labor Day. Click here for a list of locations.
Select neighborhood pools will be open Labor Day weekend including the new North Natomas Aquatics Complex:
- Clunie Pool (601 Alhambra Blvd.)
- Johnston Pool (231 Eleanor Ave.)
- Mangan Pool (2230 34th Ave.)
- North Natomas Aquatics Complex (2601 New Market Drive)
- Pannell Meadowview Pool (2450 Meadowview Road)
- Tahoe Pool (3501 59th St.)
Recreation swim hours and admission prices can be found here.
In addition, community centers are open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for people to enjoy the air conditioning.
- Belle Cooledge Community Center (Tuesday – Friday)
- Coloma Community Center (Monday – Friday)
- George Sim Community Center (Monday – Thursday)
- Hart Senior Center (Tuesday and Thursday)
- Joe Mims Jr. Hagginwood Community Center (Monday – Thursday)
- Oak Park Community Center (Monday – Thursday)
- Sam and Bonnie Pannell Community Center (Monday – Thursday)
- South Natomas Community Center (Monday – Thursday)
Most Sacramento libraries also are open during normal business hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Check the library website for details.
With hot temperatures coinciding with a long holiday weekend, it is important for people to reduce the threat of heat-related impacts to their health. The Sacramento County Department of Public Health offers important health and safety tips on its website.